About Flagstaff Hill Art Show
We Rotarian's are very proud of the 29 years of tradition that our “Art Show” represents, over the years the Art Show has grown in size and reputation but our goals have remained the same: to create a wonderful community event where we present high quality judged Art; and to raise funds for local and International Rotary Projects. Next year will be a milestone for our club as it will be our 30th Art Show, so we look forward to this event and hope everyone comes along to help us celebrate.
This annual community event allows us to provide an opportunity to encourage local artists to exhibit their work and allow others in the community to enjoy the Art Show and ultimately purchase their favourite pieces to decorate their home or business, or give as a unique gift to someone special!
An event such as this requires a huge commitment from a number of hard working Rotarian's and their partners, as well as Friends of Rotary and other local volunteers. The time and effort provided by everyone associated with the Rotary Club of Flagstaff Hill in the planning, physical setting up and operation of the event is phenomenal and a credit to all involved.
Of course our Art Show would not succeed without the participation of all our artists, both local and from interstate. Many artists have been exhibiting with us for a number of years and their contribution is greatly appreciated. Currently, we are exhibiting between 500-600 paintings and we welcome our more recent exhibitors and invite other interested artists to participate.
WHERE DOES OUR MONEY GO?
Some of the causes we have been happy to help recently are:
- The Rotary Foundation, doing good throughout the world, including combating Polio now!
- Disaster Aid, giving aid following floods, earthquakes etc. around the world
- Interplast, providing on the spot medical help and training in oversees countries
- Days for Girls, feminine health education and supplies for teenage girls
- Prostate Cancer research, funding local and national research initiatives
- Australian Rotary Health, research into local mental health issues
- Student awards to encourage excellence in local primary and secondary schools
- A commemorative Anzac Walk at Flagstaff Hill
- Supporting struggling families with food assistance
- Providing domestic violence shelters with basic needs
- Sponsoring endangered youth to attend ‘Operation Flinders’ leadership and self-esteem training
- Establishing a new mixed Probus Club at Aberfoyle Park
- Support for the local residents in Timor Leste with our Water and Sanitation Project in the Village of Ira-Onu